Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Surgery Update

I just thought that I would give everyone an update on my surgery.

I made it through with flying colors. It was a little scary trying to get to the hospital and home yesterday. Richfield got a little over 10 inches of snow between Sunday night and Monday morning and then the wind was blowing really hard. We weren't sure if we were even going to be able to make to the hospital. However, we got up really early and drove really slow and was busting snow drifts the entire way, but we made it.

I went into surgery a little after 10 am and the surgery lasted about 45 minutes. My surgeon, Dr. Fiaschetti, said that they got everything removed. The pathologist wasn't able to make it to the hospital because of the weather so they weren't able to have it biopsed right then so I should know the results of the biopsy by Friday, at the very latest Monday.

I am in some pain but not to bad. I have a patch over my left breast that I have to wear for three days. I can't get the patch wet so I have to take a bath and Jose will have to help me wash my hair in the sink. I will have an indentation in my left breast where they removed the pollup or tumor and they also had to remove some breast tissue. Dr. Fiaschetti told my mom and I that it is very unlikely that this will come back as cancerous. He said that less than 5% of them come back as cancerous. To me that is very good odds.

I just wanted to give everyone an update. I hope that everyone is doing well. I will post more when I know what the results of the biopsy are.

Merry Christmas! We love you all!!!

2 comments:

Danny Loughmiller said...

I am so glad you are doing well. We love you guys.

Coretta of corettadeesign said...

So you should have the pathology report by now... what's the verdict and how are you fairing?