Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Quick Update

Just wanted to let everyone know that I go in for surgery on Monday at 1 pm in Ketchum. I have to be at the hospital at 11 am, but will go in to the operating room at 1 pm. The doctors have found either a pollup or tumor in one of the ducts of the nipple on my left breast and they are going to remove it on Monday and then do a biopsy of it. My surgeon does not believe that it is a tumor or cancerous and I feel very comfortable with him as my surgeon.

I have been having excruiciating pain in my left breast as well as discharge coming from the nipple for the last two and a half months and I went in for two different breast exams the beginning of November and they couldn't find any lumps so I was sent in for a mammogram and an ultrasound the beginning of December. The ultrasound revealed some concerns so they did a procedure called a Galactogram last Thursday and they found this pollup or tumor in one of the ducts of my nipple. I wanted to have the surgery done over the Christmas break because I am off of work for two weeks starting this Friday. School is out from the 20th until the 4th of January. I will have plenty of time to recuperate although the surgeon today said that I should be able to go back to work the next day (Tuesday).

I hope that things are going well for everyone. I will post some pictures of Mason's school Christmas program by this weekend. He is getting very excited!! I can't believe that he is old enough to be in a school Christmas program.

Love to all!!

2 comments:

Danny Loughmiller said...

Let us know if you need anything.

Coretta from Confetti said...

I think you are smart giving yourself time to recuperate... my surgeon said I should be good day or three after my tumor removal back in march... I didn't feel like going anywhere or doing anything for longer than that though.