Friday, January 2, 2009

Gary's first Harvest...

Obviously, no one in this family is faint of heart... so I have no problem posting these pictures.
Gary and the Cow-elkThe kill shot, great is it not?Gary's friend Mike working on quartering it. They tried to get the whole thing down but there was too much snow, too wet. Getting it ready for processing. My brother Lincoln was visiting us... good thing he was curious about it all since we had to take care of it whether he was there or not. Hong Kong did him some good. :) I was curious enough I used Gary's Wyoming knife to cut some of the fur off. I just had to know what it felt like... but then the smell got to me and I had to go back inside.Gary's scope bruise....and second. If you don't know the story... call and ask Gary.
How buried the Spike was when they found it Friday. Thank goodness for Mike's GPS. This may look like a trophy shot, but believe me he's not bragging about it. Proof for the Fish and Game officer... did you know they are actually LAW enforcement officers? I did not. Pretty view from where they were. I was down at civilization level and got some cool shots of them up on the mountain though Mike's scope... but alas... they are obliterated with my memory card as well as our Christmas and my sister's wedding. We had a good Christmas though... and the best news? That elk brought in 109 lbs of elk burger. And probably about 11 lbs of Steak and 5 lbs of stewmeat.

No comments: